Apeiron Biologics AG focuses on development of innovative and novel projects in cancer immunotherapy. At present, two main approaches are pursued.
Antibody based approaches selectively targeting tumors expressing the glycolipid GD2, applicable both for orphan and larger tumor indications (clinical stage):
- APN301: anti-GD2 antibody-IL2 fusion protein, intratumoral application in GD2+ pediatric cancers
- APN301: anti-GD2 antibody-IL2 fusion protein, intratumoral application in malignant melanoma
Unique, novel immune checkpoint inhibition series based on novel checkpoints, broadly applicable to solid and hematopoietic tumors:
- APN401: Individual cellular immunotherapy based on the intracellular master immune checkpoint cbl-b (clinical stage)
- APN411: Orally available low molecular weight drugs targeting a novel immune checkpoint for immune stimulation to fight cancer, together with Sanofi and Evotec
- APN421: Low molecular weight drugs targeting a novel immune checkpoint (different to APN411)
- APN431: Peptide based drugs targeting the master immune checkpoint cbl-b
Furthermore, in 2010 Apeiron licenced APN01 globally to GlaxoSmithKline.